ACPI & Mouse

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Tue Jan 20 12:35:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

i still try hard to get my mouse running, but until now, no chance.

I looked at my .config from the actual Kernel. I remembered that i read
somewhere, that ACPI should be deactivated by default on Fedora. Seems
that i misread this, as my .config sys acpi=y.

Could it be an issue, that acpi somehow blocks my usb-hid-mouse?

How can i deactivate acpi permanently without recompiling the whole
kernel? is it sufficient to insert acpi=off in the grub.conf?

thx in advance
Roger

btw. thx to Alexander didn't remark just taking one recipient instead of
the list....