up2date hangs while fetching updates

Jimmy Bradley bmobile40 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 13:25:41 UTC 2004

Don't ask me why this seems to work, but on my machine, if you turn the
screensavers off before running up2date, up2date doesn't freeze. Also, I've
found retrieving and installing updates in groups of no more than 3 or less
seems to work too. I don't know why it works this way, all I care about is
that it works.

Jimmy