up2date hangs while fetching updates

Julien Le Houérou julien.le-houerou at uhb.fr
Tue Jan 20 13:32:07 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz a écrit :

>Am Di, den 20.01.2004 schrieb Julien Le Houérou um 13:42:
>

>>Hi, i tried to update using rhn and up2date. After configuring the
>>proxy, i get the list of updatable packages, but then up2date hangs
>>while fetching the update sites....
>>has anybody encountered this problem?
>>I have registered to RHN on redhat website.
>>
>>What's the matter?
>>

>Did you configure up2date on FC1 to use RHN? This will not work! If done
>change it by editing /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and comment up2date
>default.

That was already commented.
I launched in command-line

/    yum update http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1
/
and i got : /

Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
retrygrab() failed for:
 http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info
 Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file
http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1/headers/header.info
[Errno 7] HTTP Error (CannotSendRequest):/

>For using a mirror server see
>
>http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-January/msg03379.html
>
>Alexander

I also tried from a french mirror but same error.
Would this be a proxy configuration problem?

--
Julien Le Houérou

Université de Haute Bretagne
Centre de Ressources Informatiques