CD Burning and Ripping

Stephan Schutter rhl at farorbit.com
Tue Jan 20 22:34:52 UTC 2004

I have had the same question... I guess that RH just does not like KDE...
K3B is really the only alternative out there that compares to the
offerings on windows.

This is what I did:

1. goto www.freshrpms.net
2. install apt
3. add the other sources that are available to /etc/apt/sources...
4. run apt-get update
5. run apt-get install k3b

they have a lot of stuff available; like making mp3 work again... Mplayer
(that can actually play most of the movie files that you have/download)

Don't forget to get your crossover plugin at codeweavers.com either... you
can run most windows plugins that way (Quicktime etc...)

./sls