3D on ATI 9200 128MB RAM

Mitja Mihelic bubbaloo at volja.net
Tue Jan 20 22:36:56 UTC 2004

I also have a Radeon 9200, and I don't get the proper performance.
It's installed on an Intel motherboard, so it looks like it's an
all-round problem.
I wish the procedure of making it work were as simple as with nVidia's
graphic cards. Oh well...can't have it all I gues.

To get some performance, try checking this page:
http://users.actrix.co.nz/michael/radeon9200.html
It talks about running the 9200 as a 9000, by adding the "ChipID" option
to your device section in your XF86Config.

I worked for me. Sort of.
In glxgears: instead 200fps I now get 1000fps.

It would be great if someone made a step by step list of "what to do" to
make it work for sure for everyone.