Help-Installed system does not start

Delbaere, Tim Tim.Delbaere at pfizer.com
Wed Jan 21 10:01:02 UTC 2004

Morning List.

I am new to this Linux stuff and have just installed Fedora Core 1 off of
the Linux Format magazine (UK). I set it up to boot both windows and Linux.
Now when I start, I get the Grub screen and can choose windows or Linux, but
if I choose Linux, it goes through the boot sequence, then looks like it
might be starting X, KDE or GNOME, but I lose the input to my monitor and it
turns off.

I have to reboot, and do not know how to force it to start in a text login?

My system is a new Time AMD 2.7GHz, 1024Ram, 120GB HD, DVD RW, DVD Rom,
Readon 9200, gnr 977-pro monitor.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Tim Delbaere

Engineering Services Drawing Office Manager
Building 130, ipc : 045
Sandwich, Kent. CT13 9NJ. UK
Phone:+44 (0)1304 646497
Mobile:+44 (0)7976 956488
FAX:+44 (0)1304 654206
YAC:+44 (0)7092 202677 Email: Tim.Delbaere at Pfizer.Com

LEGAL NOTICE

    Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may
be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, any
disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or
not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you are
not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.
 Pfizer Limited is registered in England under No. 526209 with its
registered office at Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ