what kernel? 2140 or 2149?

Wolfgang wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Wed Jan 21 12:09:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 23:01, Emiliano Brunetti wrote:
> I wonder what kernel you are using.
>
> I am running 2.4.22-1.2140.nptl, and a simple 'yum update' does not show
> any more recent kernels. However browsing FC1 mirrors, i saw a
> 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl.
>
> So, what's happened to yum? And what are you guys running?
>
> Cheers
>
> E.

I'm currently running 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl. But when using apt/synaptic I
also noticed other versions of the kernel.

2.4.22-1.2153.nptl
2.4.22-1.2160.nptl

And up2date does see the 2149 version though, but I always seem to have
download problems. Possibly due to server band width problems.

I ended up getting it via apt/synaptic. Which seems to work better for
me.

Wolf