clustering software for fedora

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 21 12:27:46 UTC 2004

Asad Javid wrote:

>Im looking to implement a cluster on fedora. Is there a software for fedora for free. How is the performance.

Take a look at openosix.. I used it once to setup a cluster of 4 PC's to
create a bunch of MP3's faster.. It worked like a dream..

Just a note.. Make sure you app is multi-process (not just
multi-threaded) and that is does not make use of shared memory,
otherwise your cluster will not migrate processes to the other nodes in
the cluster..

This is of course a processing cluster, if you are after a high
availibility cluster or a load balancing clister you may want to look at
software like "heartbeat", "LVM (Linux Virtual Machine)" and "openssi"
(I think thats what it was)..

Have fun..

Later..