Upgrade from RH8 to FC1 hangs with GRUB

John Rumball fedora at jerumball.com
Wed Jan 21 14:21:37 UTC 2004

Thanks for your responses guys.

I tried booting off the FC1 CD #1 and went into rescue mode but
although it recognized the three partitions on my drive (hda1, hda2,
hda3) it could not mount any of them, saying something like: 'Unable to
mount /dev/hda1: Invalid argument' .  The same thing happened on all
the other partitions, and then the rescue process terminated saying
that it could not find any Linux installations at all.

I should mention that before trying this rescue mode I did upgrade the
BIOS on this Dell OptiPlex GX1 to rule out any outdated BIOS issues
with large disks.

If you have any other ideas, I'd really like to hear them.

Thanks, once again.

John Rumball