RH9 -> FC1 and /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

Wed Jan 21 17:12:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 11:25, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) wrote:
> I have been following the threads about converting RH9 (or RH8)
> to FC1 via up2date and decided to give it a try.  All the posts
> center around going into /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and updating
> the server list.  My RH9 system does not have such a file, thus
> I suppose there is some step to be performed first to get a version
> of up2date which uses this file.
>
> Can someone supply me with the missing piece of information.
>
> Thanks a bunch
>
> Bob Styma

Can't speak to up2date upgrade but I managed it using yum by following
the instructions here:

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~vschmidt/notes/redhat2fedora/

Worked like a charm.

Based on my running Fedora system, the content in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources should be:

yum fedora-core-1 http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1
yum updates-released http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1

Phil