Undocked mouse in X doesn't work

Anthony Clark aclrk at umich.edu
Wed Jan 21 18:24:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm using fedora on a laptop and a docking station.  I'm using a USB
mouse while docked and a PS2 mouse (the 'nipple') while undocked.  The
USB mouse works fine, but the PS2 mouse just moves randomly around the
screen and often jumps to the bottom left corner.  This is of course
unusable.

Possibly related is that if I log out of gnome/kde while docked, moving
the mouse 'moves' the screen.  It's like I have four virtual screens
that I am panning between but have no pointer.

Here's the relevant parts of my XF86Config:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "PS2 Mouse"
        InputDevice    "USB Mouse"
        InputDevice    "Keyboard0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "PS2 Mouse"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "CorePointer"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "USB Mouse"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "SendCoreEvents"    "true"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Has anyone got any pointers as to where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

Anthony Clark

- --
Anthony Clark : e-Lab Systems Administrator
University of Michigan Business School
701 Tappan, Rm E2420, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1234
Tel: (734) 764 2295, Cel: (734) 262 0933 (emergencies)