PCMCIA problem

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Jan 21 20:17:09 UTC 2004

This is an annoying bit that I should be fixed somewhere but it's easily
corrected, if the problem is what I ran into (and it sounds like it).  In
the /etc/rc.d/rc3.d directory (or rc5.d if you are booting to run level 5)
there are symbolic links to files in /etc/rc.d/init.d.  These run in
sequence when you start up your computer.  Since S10network will run before
S24pcmcia the network tries to startup before the pcmcia is running which of
course won't work.  All I had to do was rename S24pcmcia to S09pcmcia and it
fixed things since they started loading in the correct order.

--
Henry