Yahoo client - was Re: IRC Client

John Lagrue admin at moraystudio.com
Wed Jan 21 20:50:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 17:49, Darrell Esau wrote:
> It's probably going to be largly opinionated, but you definitely want to take
> a look at gaim (http://gaim.sourceforge.net) and kopete
> (http://kopete.kde.org/).  Each of these are multi-purpose instant messengers
> with all the bells and whistles (with the option to turn them off).
>
> Gaim is a gtk-based app which integrates nicely with GNOME, kopete is a
> QT/KDE-based app which integrated nicely with KDE.

Gain is indeed very good - or was :(

Since the updrade of something recently it refuses to talk to Yahoo.
I've now got 0.75, but whenever I try to connect a Yahoo account I get
an error "xxxx has been disconnected. Unable to read"

I've looked on the gaim website but all that tells me is that yahoo now
works with version 0.75. All I can report is "It doesn't"

JDL