RWyse60 Terminal Interface

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Thu Jan 22 07:16:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 22:57, Greg Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I need to find a Wyse60 terminal interface that can be used to telnet or ssh
> into another system.  'Tiny Term' has a unix module that does this, but the
> emulation is not complete and when I asked if they had plans to finish the
> work they advised to the negative.  I am willing to write my own interface
> but need to have a starting place to ask a bunch of questions.  Can any of
> you suggest a forum or place to do this ie either some special gnome or kde
> forum?

    Let me guess: connecting to SCO systems?  I even tried paying a
_bounty_ to get the thing written.  If X is available (even if it
doesn't have a graphical login) you can telnet there and run xterm or
whatever they run natively on it...it's wasteful and intended for
in-house only, but it does a really good job.

    If you're connecting from Win9x, Rassmussen Software has something
nice...but I forget the name. (Haven't seen it in 3 years!)  Google
should find it for ya.

    There is no SSH for SCO...people far better than I have tried, and
those people have left, cussing.  I don't know what makes it so hard,
but...no.

    Drop me a line if this helps.
Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262              Microsoft never invented email; that was Unix.