Replacement for XMMS?

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Jan 22 08:30:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 10:25, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:13:04 -0500, Brian Hartman wrote:
>
> > I did this, and, although xmms-mp3 installed, it still gave me the same
> > message and refused to play any MP3s.
>
> "I did this" refers to what? Such a reply does not make sense above a
> complete quote at the bottom. Enter the "preferences" and disable the
> mp3 placeholder plug-in.
>
> --

You "rm" the place holder and then in xmms prferences select the new mp3
plugin and enable it .if it not therethe  on www.freshrpms.net you must
down load the latest rpm xmms rpm and the xmms devel rpm the install the
devel first using the nodeps and force options then the xmms rpm
should work.

chad