ATI Radeon 7500 and dual display

Julien Le Houérou julien.le-houerou at uhb.fr
Thu Jan 22 12:41:04 UTC 2004

Hi, I enjoyed discovering the 'dual head' option in
redhat-config-xfree86, as I can at last benefit of my two monitor.
The second monitor is plugged into the dvi-out of the video card, and
whether I choose 'individual desktops' or spanning desktops' I get a
clone of the main display on the dvi-out. What about?
Does this option only work with TV-out to get an extension for the
desktop, as under Windows?

Does anyone get this result too?

One more thing, as i set up the model of the second monitor and reboot
X, the main  monitor appears to be set up the monitor model i chose for
the second before rebooting X. What about?

Anyone got all that working correctly?

--
Julien Le Houérou

Université de Haute Bretagne