problem removing Mozilla 1.4 which came with FC1

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Thu Jan 22 20:21:13 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 22.01.2004 schrieb Ko Pu um 20:18:
> Well, I guess I'll have to upgrade to Mozilla 1.6. The reason for removing
> it is that some of the plugins goes directly into /usr/lib/Mozilla/plugins
> directory instead of going to /usr/local/Netscape/plugins (I've installed
> netscape 7.1).

1. Mozilla 1.5 and 1.6 are ahead of Netscape 7.1 and do not contain any
ads etc.
2. If you install the plugins (flash, java etc) via rpm they will be
installed in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. This is default search path for
mozilla, so they automatically should be detected.
3. If a plugin is not detected you can make a symlink e.g. to netscapes
plugins, or change the plugin search path in the netscape startup
script.

Christoph