ANOTHER Fedora upgrade tale of woe...

John T Nelson developer at computation.com
Fri Jan 23 03:53:16 UTC 2004

This sounds similar to my problem. Apparently the Fedora upgrade process
has some kind of bug. I have another box that runs Windows XP (that's why
the subject of this article is "ANOTHER... tale of woe") which exhibits
the same problems with XP that you have (can't boot into XP). Trying to
upgrade to Fedora CORE, installed GRUB over the Windows MBR and now I
can't boot into XP. Just goes to the "GRUB L?" prompt.

Of course, now my setup is mangled.

-- John