bash: any way to reuse the last output?

Herculano de Lima Einloft Neto hlen at ig.com.br
Fri Jan 23 06:10:11 UTC 2004

Mike Klinke wrote:
> Perhaps you could create a perl, tcl, or bash script as a front end
> which you can "alias" to find which will store the stdout in a file
> for you.

No go.. that would only work for find, and not the hundreds of
other commands..

c q wrote:
> You could always save the output to a file and then use cat
> e.g. locate so > t.txt
> cat t.txt | grep whatever

That doesn't do me much good, since the tee would be much better.. but
the main question now is: how to append it without having to type it
every time? It's supposed to be for every command executed, since the
will to manipulate only sparks afterwards.

Thanks all,
--
Herculano de Lima Einloft Neto