Fedora menu

Prasanth Kumar lunix at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 06:14:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 21:35, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 07:21, Prasanth Kumar wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 20:17, Y. Makki wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Any way I could possibly change the behavior of the menu in FC1 in such
> > > a way that everything is listed under the appropriate menu, and not
> > > placed in "More ... Applications"?
> > > I know it's doable by adding 'X-Red-Hat-Base' in its .desktop file, but
> > > I'd rather avoid editing quite a few of those.
> > > It has something to do with editing xml files in the redhat-menus
> > > package doesn't it?
> > >

> > You can change the file /etc/X11/desktop-menu/applications.menu to do
> > this. Refer to the guide at www.bluethingy.com/linux/rh8menu.html. I
> > have also reconstructed the redhat-menus RPM to do this already last
> > night. If you want that then email me directly.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Prasanth
> >

> Yes yes me too please
>
> thanks chad

I've placed them here. I had only meant it for personal use so didn't do
any QA or anything but the changes were minimal and are easy to undo via
RPM. Once installed, the Gnome menus should change next time they are
opened. And one more note... I also collapsed the server settings sub
menu into its parent system settings menu.

http://home.comcast.net/~lunix/redhat-menus-0.41-1.noarch.rpm
http://home.comcast.net/~lunix/redhat-menus-0.41-1.src.rpm

--
Regards,