bash: any way to reuse the last output?

Herculano de Lima Einloft Neto hlen at ig.com.br
Fri Jan 23 14:42:09 UTC 2004

Jason Dixon wrote:
> Of course, but that wasn't a requirement of the OP.  He wanted to find a
> way to avoid *typing* the command over again.

Now that's what I call underestimating.. :)
With the word, Ben Stringer:
> I'm presuming because the resource and time cost of running the original
> command is not something you want to repeat.
>
> Eg. if the find ran over 2TB of disk and took 15 minutes to complete.

The bloat of "help for a newbie" here is somewhat bugging, that's what
must have confused you, Jason. People, this is not an easy one. Please
stop posting these reiterated obvious tips like `!!` or "pipe it to
grep" or "redirect".

Thanks to all,
--
Herculano de Lima Einloft Neto