Help ! Grub.Conf

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 23 18:15:12 UTC 2004

Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Yes, I did and this is my files layout:
>
> I installed windows then resized my disk and loaded yarrow, mmm? I
> havent touched windows for so long I have forgotten what it looks like
> :->.
>
> anyway:
>
> # grub.conf generated by anaconda
> #
> # Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this
> file
> # NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
> #          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
> #          root (hd0,0)
> #          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda2
> #          initrd /initrd-version.img
> #boot=/dev/hda
> default=0
> timeout=10
> splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
> title Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hdd=ide-scsi
> rhgb
>         initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.img
>

> I added this
> title Windoze XPlease
> 	rootnoverify (hd0,0)chainloader +1

I had trouble getting the rootnoverify way that you list above to work
for my instalation that is two hard drives also. I checked out grub
information and adding the default that they suggested works.

  # For booting Windows NT or Windows95
      title Windows NT / Windows 95 boot menu
      root        (hd0,0)
      makeactive
      chainloader +1

I am not sure to the difference, but it worked for me on a dual boot w/
NT5.1 (XP)

Jm