perl-TimeDate - where does up2date get it from?

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Fri Jan 23 22:48:36 UTC 2004

On Friday 23 January 2004 16:16, Kevin Hanser wrote:
> I usually like to download and install updates on my system myself,
> using the info provided by rhn-applet-tui (and gui) to tell me what
> packages have updates available.  Recently, perl-TimeDate popped
> into the list on one of my machines, so I went to download it off
> the updates site, but couldn't find it anywhere.  So I ran up2date
> perl-TimeDate, and sure enough up2date retrieved and installed the
> package...  So now I'm just wondering, where does up2date get this
> package from?  Shouldn't it be on the updates page too?
>
> thx!

Assuming you have a default configuration, if the dependency is not in
the "update" archive up2date will check the "distribution" archive;
for example one mirror source for a "distribution" archive is at:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/1/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/

where you'll find perl-TimeDate-1.1301-5.noarch.rpm

Regards,  Mike Klinke