On shutdown PCMCIA hangs system.

Scott Fones boson245 at msn.com
Sat Jan 24 07:43:00 UTC 2004

When shutting down the system I get the following error.

Code: 89 02 85 c0 74 03 89 50 04 b8 01 00 00 00 eb 03 90 31 c0 c7
Aiee, killing interrupt handler
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!
In interrupt handler- not syncing

>From my troubleshooting I've found that its because of the PCMCIA driver.
I've researched it and haven't been able to find anything that solves the
problem.  If anyone can offer any help whatsoever I'd be greatly
appreciative.  This has been an ongoing problem for over a month now and I
have not been able to solve it.

Thank you in advance,
Scott