HP PSC1210

Sarah Fish sarahtf at fish-house.org
Sat Jan 24 13:23:12 UTC 2004

David wrote: <snip>
 >Yes I have noticed the USB port locked and CUPS waiting to print, if I
 >can find out how to debug the scanner finishing and not releasing the
 >port I'll bugzilla to HPOJ maintainers maybe it's already noted - have
 >to check.

I had to recover a client from a virus recently who also has a 1210. He
runs Win98 on an older PC that does not support USB 2.0. He was able to
use the print function and the copy function, but not the scanner.

Could the non-release problem be related to the USB 2 stuff in the Linux
kernel? I'm not a programmer, I'm a hardware person.

Sarah Fish
Saratoga Springs, NY