Installing 2nd large HD - Maxtor 80GB

Mike Watson mikew at crucis.net
Sun Jan 25 23:41:40 UTC 2004

Has anyone had any issues installing this hard drive in Fedora?  I'm trying to
install one and having problems.  The bios recognizes the drive.  Fedora
recognizes the drive, model but I get "no device" when I run fdisk or parted.

Hdparms says:

HDIO_GET_MULTCONT  failed: input/output error
IO_Support	= 1 (32 bit)
unmaskirq		= 1 (on)
using_dma	= 1 (on)
keepsettings	= 0 (off)
readonly		= 0 (off)
BLKRAGET  failed: input/output error
geometry		= 0/0/0, sectors = 2147483647, start = 0

I've tried a number of different BIOS settings (large, LBA, etc. ) and nothing
has changed.  Is this a bad drive?  I bought it new, still sealed in the
wrapper.

Mike W
--
Registered Linux - 256979   (http://counter.il.org for more information)
NRA Life

dangerous content by F-Prot and MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.