Automount USB 2.0 HD via PCMCIA

Scott Fones boson245 at msn.com
Mon Jan 26 01:47:16 UTC 2004

I have a WesternDigital USB 2.0 external HD which I connect through a PCMCIA
port with USB 2.0 adapters.  I can get it to mount easily through the mount
command, but for convienence was wondering if it is possible to have it auto
mount.  Does anyone know how to accomplish this?  I've been trying for the
last month or so-ever since I recieved it for christmas-to no avail.  Here's
what I have right now in fstab for it.

/dev/sda1  /mnt/externalhd  rw,noauto,kudzu,uid=boson245  0  0

and I had tried

/dev/sda1  /mnt/externalhd  defaults  0  0

to get it to automount.  I found that line through a google search that said
that would auto mount it.  On bootup, it says sda1 is not a valid block
device.  Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time,
Scott