NFS problem

James F Davis jim at thedavisnetwork.com
Mon Jan 26 05:06:10 UTC 2004

Not replying to help, but I'm experiencing the same problem with my nfs
shares.  I think it might have something to with timing and iptables
locking up the related/established links before the server/client is
done talking.  I'm running the nfsd on a slow ~200Mhz machine w/ USB
drives so there's a lot of latency that might be causing this problem.

I've knocked out the iptables holes for the server-ports to establish
the link but the problem occurs when the server/client start talking on
the pseudo-random high number ports...

Any ideas here?

Thanks,
Jim