ANOTHER Fedora upgrade tale of woe...

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Jan 26 07:05:28 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> On Sunday 25 January 2004 18:20, John T Nelson wrote:
>
> > To make a long story short, I tried to upgrade RH8 to Fedora CORE
> > upgrade but booting CORE gives me module loading errors (out the wazoo).
>
> It's probably simplest to go over to grub,
> unless you have religious objections.
> The config file for grub is /etc/grub.conf .

I did the same thing and ran into the same problem.

Fedora upgrade didnt add any initrd to the grub config so all raid
controllers stopped working after the upgrade. Had to manually create an
initrd and add it to grub.conf, then everything worked ok.

I then downloaded kernel upgrade to latest version and it properly created
the initrd required, so modules.conf was properly configured from start.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se