lexmark Z23

Stephan Matthiesen stephan at met.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 13:26:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

Am Montag, 26. Januar 2004 03:27 schrieb matt warner:
> the driver i downloaded is cjz33le.tar.gz, available from the lexmark
> website.

Perhaps I can help: I had problems with a Z25 and only got it to work last
week.

Your Lexmark driver is probably for LPD print system, but in Fedora the
default print system is CUPS.

Try to find out if Lexmark provides a CUPS driver. In my case, the name was
CJLZ35LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz, so probably you're looking for
CJZ33LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz

Note that this driver has been available for only a few weeks, before that
Lexmark only supplied the LPD driver. I couldn't find it on the European
Lexmark sites, and I had to navigate a lot before I found it (I can't
remember where, sorry - I think it was in the "Technical Support" section and
not in "Drivers and Updates").

I don't know if there is one for Z23, you might be lucky or not.

There was a version 1.0 and a version 2.0 of the driver. 2.0 did'nt even start
the installation, but 1.0 was absolutely painless, and everything worked
immediately.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Stephan