Error while loading shared libraries

Charlene cawroblew at netscape.net
Mon Jan 26 18:26:45 UTC 2004

First a little background...
I first tried installing some Oracle software on an older version of Red
Hat.  And in the process of doing that my husband did something that
required a reinstall.  Instead he installed fedora.  I like it a lot better.

But when I tried to install the software on fedora I got this error:

error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-lib6.1-1.so.2: cannot

Now I'm a unix user not admin, and I sort of understand this, and I sort
of found solutions, but they didn't go into enough detail. I don't know
where to find the right file to load using rpm.  Also I've never used
rpm either.

Charlene