Fedora <-> kde

Mon Jan 26 20:24:13 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 14:06, John Wendel wrote:
> On Monday 26 January 2004 11:58 am, Peter Eddy wrote:
>
> > Think the opposite about what?  I don't know about
> > candy-coatedness, that seems to me to be just a 'theme' issue.
> > Either environment can be pretty much as plain or as out there as
> > you like. But KDE has always struck me as more polished, more
> > useful, and less buggy. And I really like Konqueror (the file
> > system browser, web browser, etc.) If it weren't for it, I'd
> > probably use XFCE or WindowMaker.
>
> The latest XFCE4 works fine with Konqueror. It even comes
> preconfigured with a button to launch Konq.
>
> Regards,
>
> John
>
> New convert to the church of XFCE4

BTW, XFCE4 and Rox (2.1 from CVS) is a great fast combination and
consumes less memory.

I use XFCE4 for my primary environment and then use Rox as my primary
GUI FM along with Rox Pinboard for the desktop icons.

If you want an alternative FM to XFCE4's tree-view based XFFM, which I
don't care for, it is easy to change via a couple of settings under
XFCE4.  Same thing for the default terminal, if you don't like xterm.

Marc