load average

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Mon Jan 26 21:42:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 07:12, Dave Alden wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 03:56:38PM +0100, Alessio Ciregia wrote:
> > So, I have a lot of CROND processes....
>
> Now there are 3 of us.  :-)  There was a thread a couple of weeks
> ago (subject: cron goes mad)

I was the original poster of the "cron goes mad" thread.  Still no
solution.  Locally I reconfigured my LDAP setup a bit and the problem
hasn't recurred but I still don't know what happened or why.

> ps  I finally opened a bugzilla report, although it's not a very
>     good one (no real data to report).  Bug # 114307.

Thanks.  I wasn't able to see the problem again and so didn't report
it.  To be honest, though, it has not recurred since I put a pretty high
firewall around the machine which had the problem originally which makes
me wonder whether it was somehow related to an attempted breakin.  I
used Firewall Builder, btw.

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge