Help Request: Stopping 'Attack'?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Mon Jan 26 23:57:23 UTC 2004

we run some big mail servers...

Chances are what you're seeing right now is this:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html

An actual message sent by it looks like this:

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

The message cannot be represented in 7-bit ASCII encoding and has been
sent as
a binary attachment.

    [ Part 2, Application/OCTET-STREAM (Name: "dwm.zip")  31KB. ]
    [ Cannot display this part. Press "V" then "S" to save in a file. ]