mime type conflicts

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jan 27 13:02:45 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 27.01.2004 schrieb Matt H. um 11:42:
> I just noticed an unwanted behaviour with an .rpm file. Upon clicking the
> link to download the RPM package, instead of getting the Save As dialog
> box I get a Helix Screen as it tries to process it as a multimedia file.
> Upon inspection of About:Plugins in Mozilla, the reason for this behaviour
> is evidently due to the Helix Player plugin registering the "rpm" suffix
> as mime type "audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin" -- RealPlayer Plugin Metafile.
> So the question is, how can I change this? I would like to be able to
> simply left click an RPM link and get the Save As box pop up instead of
> right-click/Save Link Target As.
>
> TIA
> --
> Matt

Mozilla Menu -> Edit -> Settings -> Navigator -> Helper Applications ->
File types -> change from Helix player to just download

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 14:01:15 up 2 days, 21:39, load average: 1.54, 1.36, 1.26
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]