printing with gimp

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Tue Jan 27 14:54:26 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-01-27 04:56, Emiliano Brunetti whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

>On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 11:45, Tim Waugh wrote:
>

>>On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:33:47AM +0100, Emiliano Brunetti wrote:
>>

>>>I was trying to print a gif image using gimp. The only thing i got is a
>>>white paper saying:
>>>
>>>%!PS_ADOBE-3.0
>>>	%%Creator: Print plug-in V4.2.5 - 24 Jan 2003 for GIMP/gimp-Prin
>>>
>>>Indeed something is wrong, but i really don't know what. Printing normal
>>>docs or web page works fine.
>>>

>>At the print dialog, go to 'Setup printer...' and change the Command
>>so that it no longer contains '-oraw'.  You need to do this when
>>printing as PostScript, unfortunately.  There is an RFE upstream to
>>make this automatic.
>>

>Thanks a lot.
>
>E.

A long time ago, under lp printing, you could set up different logical
printers that all pointed to the same physical printer, but with
different options set for each one.  I presume you can do the same under
CUPS, but haven't tried.  Linux has no problem printing to the printers
on the Windows boxes with Samba, but it was such a hassle to go the
other way that I no longer have any local printers on the Linux box.

--
Fritz Whittington