IRC Client

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Tue Jan 27 15:00:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 14:18, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> > >What is 'the best' and well known irc client in linux (in X
> > ipossible, but console are ok too).
> > >tks.
> > >

> > xchat is good for me

Since console is okay, irssi is actually quite a good client. Much more
features than BitchX, I'm now sold on using irssi.

> If not mistaken there's xchat and xchat2.. Anyone knows what the
> difference is and could fill me in?

On Fedora, I only seem to see xchat. Even an apt-cache search and a yum
search reveal only xchat. Where are you getting xchat2 from?

(possible answer is that you're using an older version of RH, and you've
got xchat (1) as well as xchat version 2 sitting there)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/