PHP + PostgreSQL

SHIBUYA Katsutoshi shibuya at bu-denken.co.jp
Wed Jan 28 04:01:22 UTC 2004

Hi.
I want use PHP with PostgreSQL via Apache. All of those have been
installed during the installation of Fedora Core 1.

% php --version
PHP 4.3.3 (cgi) (built: Oct 21 2003 09:51:55)
% psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.3.4
% ps ax | grep postmaster
22031 pts/1    S      0:00 /usr/bin/postmaster -p 5432
% ps ax | grep httpd
22189 ?        S      0:01 /usr/sbin/httpd
(and many...)

Via Apache server I can execute PHP script.
Via psql command I can manipulate databases.
But I can't use PostgreSQL via PHP script.

'php -m' doesn't show 'postgre' in the list of modules, 'phpinfo()'
function doesn't show infomation about PostgreSQL too.
According to 'phpinfo()', the php was compiled with the configuration
option '--with-pgsql=shared', so I think all I need is install the
PHP-Postgre module (shared library).
But I couldn't find any information about it...

Does anyone know about it?
Or should I compile and install PHP from its source?

# As I'm not good at english, please forgive me if I missed in english.
---
SHIBUYA Katsutoshi (shibuya at bu-denken.co.jp)