ntfs problems

Troy Campano troycampano at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 04:25:46 UTC 2004

I'm trying to get read only NTFS support and i've having trouble. I used
the directions on fedoranews.org before and they worked, then I
reinstalled fedora and I can't get it to work.

1) I do 'make menuconfig' and enable ntfs read only support.

2) I then run this command: make SUBDIRS=fs/ntfs modules

...and I get this error:

fs.c:480: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
fs.c: In function `ntfs_lookup':
fs.c:537: warning: implicit declaration of function `kmalloc_R93d4cfe6'
fs.c:537: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
fs.c: In function `ntfs_read_super':
fs.c:1022: warning: implicit declaration of function
`set_blocksize_Rc75d857c'
fs.c:1067: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[1]: *** [fs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/fs/ntfs'
make: *** [_mod_fs/ntfs] Error 2

Any ideas? I don't get it since I use to have this working.

thanks!

~ Troy Campano ~