Halp!

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jan 28 10:49:34 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 28.01.2004 schrieb Rizal Aliyuddin um 07:44:
> Greetings,
>
> I've just installed fedora for the first time and I'm
> itching to run up2date as it says that there are 49
> updates available. But before I do, I have 2
> questions:
>
> 1) I did try to run up2date once before but got an
> error saying the GPG sig doesn't match and the file
> has been tampered with etc. etc. I tried to ignore and
> continue, but the package wouldn't install correctly.
> I've tried going through the mail-list archives and
> found that this happens when the server is over
> loaded, and someone suggested to use a mirror. Now
> I've gone and tried to look for a mirror, but have no
> idea what I should use. There are several mirrors
> listed at the Fedora site for downloads. Can I use one
> of these mirrors when using up2date? Or are there
> other specific servers out there that I should be
> using and if so, can someone point me to them?

Please search the archive!

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-January/msg03379.html

> 2) Is there any order/sequence of what I should
> install or can I update everything at once?

All in one step is ok.

> Any help is much appreciated...
>
> Rizal.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 11:48:06 up 3 days, 19:26, load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.08
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]