how about resiser?

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Wed Jan 28 12:09:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:55:37 +0100
Emiliano Brunetti <emiliano.brunetti at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 11:49, WipeOut wrote:
> > Emiliano Brunetti wrote:
> >
> > >When i reinstalled FC1, i tried to go for reieser but i didn't even
> > >have such option...
> > >
> > >Is there something that must be passed at boot time to the kernel
> > >maybe?
> > >
> > >Or rather reiser is not an option (seems very strange)?
> > >
> > When you boot off the FC1 CD1 type "linux reiserfs".. Thsi will
> > allow you to install onto reiserfs filesystems..
> >
> > JFS is also availible by running "linux jfs" when booting from the
> > install CD..
> >
> > Why are you after reiserfs??
>
> Well, i used it on another box and it seemed to me more performant
> than ext3, even with data writeback. Just feel like trying it out, but
> don't know whether i am about another install from scratch...

This might interest you:

http://www.osdl.org/docs/linux_journaling_filesystems_and_workloads.pdf

I remember seeing a couple of months ago a _huge_ journalling filesystem
comparison, but I don't have it anymore. I found some benchmarks after I
googled around, but none were this one (I guess it appeared on /. when
it was released). Anyone has good FS benchmark resources?

Best,

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa