how about resiser?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 28 12:14:03 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Mi, den 28.01.2004 schrieb Emiliano Brunetti um 11:54:

>>>You can install FC1 on a preformatted reiserfs partition using "linux
>>>reiserfs" at the initial command prompt.
>>>

>>Ok. How about a clean install? linux reiserfs would let me choose reiser
>>as a file system option?
>>
>>E.
>>

>No. I would have told you in the first answer. The fact was discussed
>here before.
>
>Alexander

I think you are wrong, or I have a strange system..

I just installed onto a clean drive (no partitions) by booting the
install CD with "linux reiserfs".. Created my partitions and used
reiserfs as the filesystem..

System installed and booted fine..

[root at localhost root]# cat /etc/fstab | grep /dev/hda
/dev/hda2               /                       reiserfs defaults        1 1
/dev/hda1               /boot                reiserfs defaults        1 2
/dev/hda3               swap                swap    defaults        0 0

Maybe the prevoious discussion you looked at was talking about somthing
else??

Can you point me to the discussion you mentioned in the archives?

later..