ntfs problems

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jan 28 18:34:37 UTC 2004

Troy Campano wrote:
> I'm trying to get read only NTFS support and i've having trouble. I used
> the directions on fedoranews.org before and they worked, then I
> reinstalled fedora and I can't get it to work.
>
> 1) I do 'make menuconfig' and enable ntfs read only support.
>
> 2) I then run this command: make SUBDIRS=fs/*ntfs* modules
>
> ...and I get this error:
>

> fs.c:480: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> fs.c: In function `ntfs_lookup':
> fs.c:537: warning: implicit declaration of function `kmalloc_R93d4cfe6'
> fs.c:537: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> fs.c: In function `ntfs_read_super':
> fs.c:1022: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `set_blocksize_Rc75d857c'
> fs.c:1067: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> make[1]: *** [fs.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/fs/ntfs'
> make: *** [_mod_fs/ntfs] Error 2
>

> Any ideas? I don't get it since I use to have this working.

You need to install the kernel source, do the config, BUILD THE KERNEL
FIRST ("make bzImage"), THEN "make modules".

Or go to http://www.rhil.net/kernelstuff/modules.html and download a
pre-built module (both RO and RW are available).
-              Where there's a will, I want to be in it.             -