Kernel

phil at icserv.net phil at icserv.net
Wed Jan 28 20:19:12 UTC 2004

What is the current Kernel for Fedora?

I've run in to a small problem. We've historically used Redhat for our web servers here at work, and we're trying to set up a development server to be compatible with one of our production servers that still has Perl 5.6.1. Redhat 9 comes included with 5.8.3 and in order to go back to 5.6.1 I had to get the RPM that was intended for RedHat 7.3. All the dependencies had their last update in 7.3, and libdb3-3 was not available or recognized for RedHat 9. I downloaded compat-3.3 that says it provides backwards compatibility for 7.3 and Perl installed just fine...

I've now been told that since it was such a complicated endeavor, I'm going to have to install Fedora instead and use the system's supported modules for Perl, OpenSSL,  ModSSL, Apache, etc. What are the current versions of these modules that are distributed with Fedora? Can I upgrade to kernel 2.6? what trouble am I going to run in to?