Sendmail still will not read config files

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jan 29 16:43:28 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.01.2004 schrieb Robert Key um 08:36:
> Hi,
>  I posted this message yesterday and got a few responses. Thanks.
>
> Sendmail still refuses to load because it will not read
> local-host-users
> and trusted-users
> in /etc/mail
> with the message "Could not read trusted-users with Worldwide readable
> directory"
> I have tried all the following permissions but none work.
>
> /etc/mail    0755 (default)  0400, 0700, 0600 and owner root.root
> files 0744 (default), 0400, 0700 owner root.root
>  Nothing works. The error message remains the same.
>
> Surely everyone who installed Fedora must have had this problem? The files and
> file / directory permissions come from the packages. I never changed them at
> fiirst. I simply installed everything.
> Also Redhat 9 has the same file persmissions and no problems with sendmail.
>
> Thanks,
>    Rob

Please send you sendmail.mc file from which you made the sendmail.cf!

local-host-users is no Sendmail file! Where did you take it and for what
reason? What is it's content? Do you mean local-host-names?

All files under /etc/mail and the directory itself have to be owned
root.root!

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 17:41:19 up 2:28, 7 users, 0.02, 0.13, 0.22
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]