KDE-Install failed

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Thu Jan 29 17:21:24 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 29.01.2004 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 17:51:

> Why did you at all install KDE? You can use applications which need KDE
> libs from Gnome too. You just need to install the needed libs.

I know, that only kdelibs is required to satisfy all dependencies. But I
want to be able to configure kde, and therefor I need kdebase.
The k3bsetup is called via "kcmshell k3bsetup2", so I need kcontrol.

# rpm -qf /usr/bin/kcmshell
kdebase-3.1.4-6

> "up2date -i quanta k3b" will do the job and install the needed packages
> too (if you have the k3b repository added to your sources list).

I know, but I have to pay for every MB I'm downloading, so I did that
via redhat-config-packages from CDrom.

Anyway, thanks for your reply Alexander. More suggestions are welcome.
:-)

Christoph