AW: anyone familiar with k3b in Fedora?

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Thu Jan 29 17:28:17 UTC 2004

[snip]
On Thursday 29 January 2004 18:31, Dave Stevens wrote:
>> I have a Lite-on DVDRW LDW 411S CD and DVD burner and could not find
>> working CD burner in the default set of FC1 packages. I am trying to
use
>> k3b.
[snip]
k3b is a good choice but a little bit tricky, specially if you just use
gnome...(see permissions). Usually it is what is already mentioned, as
cdrecord doesn't work properly with atapi-cdrom. That's why you should
enter hdX=ide-scsi in your /etc/grub.conf as mentionned

>What is the output of :
>cdrecord -scanbus
>cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI:
>cat /proc/cmdline
>?

>Maybe the permissions on your devices or to cdrecord/readcd/cdrdao are
>wrong.
>You could try to run K3b as root and see if it helps.
Cdrecord needs root-privileges to burn cd's. That's why there is a
program there after installation called k3bsetup. You should run this,
this corrects the privileges for you. Runs best under kde...hard to do,
if you just have gnome installed...

Cheers,
Roger
Also happy k3b-user without mouse, cause not working *g*