Fedora Core wiil not install

R. Carrara rcarrara at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 29 20:13:59 UTC 2004

Hi - Fedora will not install on my PC. I'm trying to install Fedora
using the CD ROM on a hard drive specifically to hold only Fedora.  The
installation runs smoothly up to and including entry of the root
password.  After entering the root password, a message appears
indicating that it's reading the packages, and then it stops
installing.  About 10 - 15 minutes later, the following error message
appears  "You are trying to install on a machine which isn't supported
by this release of Fedora Core".  I've tried both the graphical and text
installations, a different video card (Voodoo 3) & CD ROM, and removed
the sound card & modem, and Fedora will not install. Here are my PC's specs:
Motherboard: AOpen AX59PRO
CPU: AMD6-K2-500 MHz
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse PS2
RAM: 512 Megs
Sound card: SB Live
Hard drive: Maxtor 20 GB
Video: Diamond Viper V770 (RIVA TNT2)
Modem: AOpen FM56-PM
NIC: Netgear NC100
LG CDRW 32x10x40x
LG DVD 16x

Mandrake 8.1 &Knoppix  install without any problems. Any help that you
can provide to install Fedora would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron