Removing virus

David C. Hart dch at TQMcube.com
Thu Jan 29 21:28:56 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 16:18, Gerrit Holl wrote:
> Michael Scottaline wrote:
> > Subject: Re: Removing virus

> Al this talk of viruses makes my Bayesian spamfilter (Spambayes) crazy ;o)

Hopefully it is smart enough NOT TO BOUNCE THE (*&^%%$$ BACK since the
sender is always forged. It's a pointless waste of bandwidth and
resources. The stress on our server is sufficient from the flood of crap
(thank you very much) without adding hundreds of bounce messages
yesterday from various content filters. Then those end up in mailboxes.

FWIW we are using a mime header check to simply reject the message which
is a whole lot cleaner and save a whole lot of cycles I think. Some of
those that bounce virii back that we did not send end up blocked at the
firewall.

                               ---------
            Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence