Metacity

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Thu Jan 29 23:48:14 UTC 2004

Bevan C. Bennett wrote:

> Some of the commonly missed functionality people have bemoaned to me:
> * click-to-raise on windows (NOT auto-raise)

What exactly is this? I thought metacity *did* click to raise.

> * maximize-vertical

Might be nice.

> * always-on-top for a particular window/app

Nice feature.  Wish metacity had it.

> * scroll to next desktop with mouse motion

If you are talking 'active borders' here, it has got to be the most
obnoxious, confusing, guaranteed to make a Linux-Hater out of any newbie
"feature" that I have ever encountered.

> * the ability to easily choose an alternate window manager

switchdesk->KDE?  ,'-)